The Grey House (Graue Haus) in Winkel is among the oldest stone houses in Germany and was the ancestral home of the Greiffenclau family, whose genealogical tree can be traced back to the year 1097. It was the familys residence up to 1330, later the residential house for employees of Vollrads Palace and a widow's residence. After a fire disaster in 1964 the owner at the time the Count Erwein Matuschka-Greiffenclau rebuilt the Grey House.
The Grey Houses restaurant is currently not run and consequently its interior cannot be visited.
65375 Oestrich-Winkel - Winkel