Hiking in the Cultural Region of the Rheingau
Joy of hiking in the midst of vineyards and on the banks of the Rhine, this is what the Rheingau offers between Flörsheim/Main and Lorch/Rhine.
In the midst of a unique landscape you can take a break from everyday life and discover the region's cultural sights by foot.
Main hiking trails through the Rheingau:
- the Rheingauer Klostersteig - a 30 km premium pilgrim route)
- the Rheinsteig (320 km long premium hiking trail from Wiesbaden to Bonn)
- the Rheingau Riesling Routes (120 km long hiking trails through the Rheingau wine landscape)
- the Gebück-Wanderweg (42 km hiking trail between Walluf and Lorch/Rhine)
- the Rheinhöhenweg
- the Europäische Fernwanderweg 3
- the WispertalSteig (15 km long hiking trail between Lorch-Espenschied and the Wisper)
- as well as the Bonifatius-Route close to Flörsheim/Main and Hochheim/Main (180 km long hiking trail from Mainz to Fulda)
Many interesting, smaller tours invite visitors to hikes in and around the towns and municipalities in the cultural region of the Rheingau:
- Hiking tours in and around Eltville/Rhine
- Hiking tours in and around Geisenheim
- Wicker Wine Trail
- Vineyard hiking trail Hochheim/Mainicker Wine Trail
- Hiking tours in and around the Gothic wine village of Kiedrich
- Hiking tours in and around Lorch/Rhine
- Flute Hiking Trail Oestrich-Winkel
- Brahmsweg (Brahms' Trail) around Rüdesheim/Rhine
- Romantic tour around Rüdesheim/Rhine
- Mill hiking trail in the Walluf Valley
Even Goethe greatly appreciated the hikes in the Rheingau and went more than once on hiking trips between Flörsheim/Main and Lorch/Rhine.
Numerous hotels and other lodgings are certified with the quality seal "Qualitätsgastgeber Wanderbares Deutschland" or "Rheinsteig-Partner-Betrieb" marking them as particularly suitable for hikers.
Come to the Rheingau and experience the joie de vivre and and joy of hiking!
The Taunus adjacent to the Rheingau also invites visitors to hikes, e.g.:
- Arboretum and Zorner Runde
- Geo Learning Path Oberjosbach Idsteiner
- Streuobstroute Nassauer Landar-Höhenweg
Further information on hiking in the state of Hesse can be found here.