Formerly located directly on the bank of the Rhine, Brömserburg Castle (Brömserburg) was in the possession of the Archbishops of Mainz from the beginning of the 10th to the beginning of the 19th century. They had the old fortified building converted into a castle residence in the 12th century. The walls and vaulted ceilings which are more than two metres thick provided resistance against all sorts of attacks. The Duke of Longueville was only capable of destroying the castle's southeastern part in 1640. The castle was inhabited until 1937 and acquired by the town of Rüdesheim/Rhine in 1941.
Today, the castle houses the comprehensive collections of the Rheingau Wine Museum.
Find out more about the Rheingau Wine Museum.
Brömserburg/ Rheingauer Weinmuseum
65385 Rüdesheim am Rhein
Phone: 06722 - 23 48